The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Finn's annual Health Check View next topic
View previous topic
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Finn went for his booster injection and health check the first week in January 2011. As a photo shows he hates it Mad He's a marvellous patient though. He jumps up onto the examination table and puts up with it. Smile Once it's over he's as happy as any thing. Everything was fine. His weight has settled at 27kg and he's in his prime. I think he looks more like his father as he gets older, Finn is now five years old, perhaps a few more grey hairs.
Nespa was disappointed to go along with him to the vets. Her ear finally developed an infection. Fortunately it's only in one ear and in the upper part of the canal - nothing within the ear. She has a 5 day treatment which hopefully will clear it. Otherwise all is well and the dogs are happy and content. Very Happy

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor Finn - but it's only once a year Smile
Glad Nespa is responding to the medication for her ear infection. Daisy has been visiting the Vet's now for over a month and her ear is looking so much better and healthier unfortunately her infection is right down the bottom of her ear canal and I fear it will be a long road to complete recovery Rolling Eyes We also weigh Daisy on each visit and she is 18.98 kg. She loves her walks and is keeping very fit even though we have been having such a terrible winter.
Louise P
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting to hear Finn and Daisy's weights. Charlie B struggles to stay at 21kg, he just doesn't seem to have a big appetite. Sometimes he'll eat his biscuits, sometimes he doesn't bother. I usually put a little something tasty on his meal to start him off - then he'll sometimes eat the lot, but just as often he only eats part of his meal. The vet was not unduely worried about his rather sparse frame, as his legs are very well muscled and he seems to have plenty of energy. Maybe he's like some people are - they only eat exactly the number of calories that they need - lucky thing Laughing
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, long time since my last post,lots of things going on and no time to writte.
So much that we didn't go yet for fivos yearly exam,it will have to wait for march.But he seems very well.And Louise, fivos is also very ligth,something betwen 19 and 20kg,he eats well but never too much,and also has lots of energy.So I thing each has his own structure and weaigth.
Louise P
Friend
Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Ani, I feel better knowing that he's not the only skinny Serra Laughing
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think your boys are right and so is Daisywith their weight. We had a locum Vet looking at Daisy last week and she said how skinny she is (and by the way she is mad on Daisy - she loves her)! I told her that Daisy was on the go all the time. In fact, she eats as much as Spud and he weighs in at 43 kg Exclamation
Catherine
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Angel (17 months) weighs only 14 pounds, she eats well and my vet says she is healthy, it was the smallest in the range it remains the smallest ... but it goes well!
Bob Marley (5 years) weighs about 20/21 pounds, he eats well but it runs great!

Shantymentalni
Friend in Training
Friend in Training

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ara's sister Angel (17 months) weighs 20 kg, she eats little and vet says he is healthy. Ara likes to run. It started to change from puppy coat.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic