The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Our Serra Journey View next topic
View previous topic
Jojo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Pauline, it is extremely good to be back. I'm looking forward to participating again with you all Very Happy
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to hear you are back Very Happy Always looked forward to hearing about Lola and it was lovely meeting you at the "Get together" sometime ago now when Daisy was still a puppy.
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We are terrible Embarassed at the beginning we write and write and then...and not because we lose interest in our serras. i really don't know, in fact I think about all of you very often, Fivos keeps being a dog with lots of problems and as he gets older and his displasia gets worse, things tend to get more dificult.
Last weekend a friend of a friend ,whos a dog trainer come to our house to meet Fivos and to give us some advise, you know, those small things that may help improve his behavior, like never play with him when he wants, even if it means waiting just a few moments and so on. In fact I asked for her help because Fivos growled very agresivly to my husband and sometimes I wonder if it can reach the point of biting.It was on a really bad period, my husband was trying to be more active in his relationship with fivos and than this happens and he stooped trying.
how are all of you? and the dogs?
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anni Laughing Laughing Laughing Zut alors c'est tres bien Exclamation Look what Joanna's return has achieved C'est merveilleuse. The family is reunited Laughing Laughing
Ah well Fivos ? Finn? They remain the same. Finn doesn't like people he's reserved. I don't bother him with it. I've worked around it. He had but one other friend than me and that was my sister. She could do anything with him - some how he trusted her. She died Christmas 2012. So he now has only me really. It's a man thing with Finn. He will be marvellous with Michael and then he will growl if he does something unexpected. Rolling Eyes
It's not a problem for us. Finn is my dog - end of story. Michael accepts it, lovely man. Wink
There's no issue or struggle between them, thank goodness. They give one another space!
I don't believe the serra is an aggressive dog but self determined and loyal to one person overall.
I think your husband is right, just accept it. There's an English saying, 'Let sleeping dogs lie.' It has a lot of sense. It's really good to hear from you do keep in touch. Laughing

Last edited by Pauline Martin on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We still have problems with Daisy. She just hates my friend's husband. He has always been so kind to her but there is no way she will go any where near him. Unfortunately for us he does dog sit our dogs occasionally and the two do not get on at all. Rolling Eyes I might have told you that at a Companion Show last year my friend's husband parked his car next to ours and from that moment Daisy played up tantrums, shaking etc., We had met up with another old friend and she was quite concerned about Daisy. Then I realized the problem. It just cannot be explained. However, she does like most people she meets Very Happy .
Jojo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello again Peter, Gina and Anni! Well aren't our dogs unique, just like all of us! Wink Lola has really matured generally and is much more friendly and less 'aloof' than she used to be. At the vets the other evening she was rather embarrassing as she wanted to go and meet all the pet owners (with cats!) and dogs and generally put herself about. She was literally a bit of a tart and accepting ear scratches and chin rubs from all sorts of people. Then she gets home, catches our neighbour looking out of his own window and barks/growls for England, refusing to be quiet Shocked I recall another saying "nowt as queer as folk" and I have to say it applies to animals too, they all have their quirks (as do we) and sometimes to push it really isn't wise afterall we shouldn't humanise them too much and expect them to be able to reason with their own emotions. Lola really doesn't like one of Jack's friends, he's a lovely young man who tries so hard to be kind to her but she won't have any of it at all! Even when she hears him laughing upstairs she growls and barks! She is an amusing character and I wouldn't change that, so I'm afraid if you love your dog you also have to love their whole personality - as long as it isn't a danger to anyone of course. I am very lucky that Lola has accepted my new partner extremely well ... to the point where she cries if he walks indoors and we're in the garden etc and is so delighted and makes such a fuss of him when he comes back out - good job I don't get jealous easily Wink Gosh I really am back - waffling again, sorry! Embarassed
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep waffling on Joanna Exclamation

You described my Daisy to the "T" - she is a tart Rolling Eyes but only to the ones she finds interesting.

Herbert my younger OES is totally in love with her and I call him "Herb the Perv"!!!!!!!!!!! (Daisy is not too keen on him) He has only one thing on his mind Shocked Daisy's heart is with Spud - her true love and tries to cuddle up to him all the time. Spud tries ignore her when she is lying on her back with legs open wide........... Rolling Eyes Cedric who past on 3 years ago adored Daisy...................... Rolling Eyes Wink I hate to think what would be going on now.

I'm so pleased Daisy is not alone in having dislikes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I guess we just have to admit the Cao Da Serra Aires is a unique dog Embarassed

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic