The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Peak District Walking with dogs View next topic
View previous topic
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had great fun with Nespa & Finn in Derbyshire. On one walk we thought Nespa had become stuck in a 'squeeze' stile - a V shape created by two large stones, on another we had to lift her over, and across Dovedale she fell off the stepping stones and into the river. She didn't enjoy it Sad Michael hauled her out when someone helped him remove his rucksack so that he could keep his balance. On lookers applauded as Nespa got back to the bank Laughing Finn wasn't at all phased and went along nimbley. I put it down to all his agility training. Laughing Access to walks is a challenge for dog walkers. Quite rightly farmers want to make sure their livestock is safe and secure but when the stile is a real barrier for the public to cross with their dogs - on a lead of course - it's frustrating. Our walks were enlivened too by bulls in some fields with their herd of wives and calves. Shocked Quietly does it!

Last edited by Pauline Martin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a lovely holiday for dogs. I don't think my OES could manage the squeeze stile though but I know Daisy could easily. They certainly could not cope with stepping stones.
We are going to the Bakewell Show - Derbyshire this year but just taking Herbert on his own for a little break away. We won't be attempting the "Squeeze stiles" with him though. At 46 Kilo's he is rather large. It has taken him 3 years to learn how to climb stairs Rolling Eyes You could say his brain has taken a lot longer to develop unlike Daisy who is very bright Laughing It's so funny how each breed of sheepdog differ. I think the light has suddenly come on in his brain Idea But he will never be as clever as the Cao Da Serra De Aires Rolling Eyes

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic