The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Fivos View next topic
View previous topic
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lovely to hear from you again about Fivos. I agree with your Vet about not having him neutered. It never made any difference to my dogs. I did manage to keep their weight down though.
Enjoy the Spring and keep up the swimming. Very Happy
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings to you Ani and pats to Fivos. We are enjoying the sunshine too. I also think you've made the right decision for Fivos. I hope he has a good summer. Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to see that you also agree about not neuter fivos, I don't know, after reading lots on the subject I got the feeling that it would be better for him, less risc of prostate and testicles cancer,better mood Laughing , he keeps being a pain when things don't go the way he wants, also he doesn't go to anyone exept me,kostas gets really upset when he calls fivos and fivos just hides behind me Sad , sometimes it's a bit overhelming,too much dependency.
Today the local vet came to check his hears and he keeped growling at her Sad , he has an inflamation,a beginning of an otite, good that we found it early,so I hope it will be ok with some drops. Poor thing, keeps shaking his head and we were on the vet just last friday, the vet here sayed that sometimes the grommers use some kind of tool to take the hair from the hears and sometimes they may carry microbes.Any way,nothing serious.
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When is someone with a serra coming for a visit????
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everybody, long time since I last post or read anything, life is very busy for me in summer and without internet at home things are even more difficult.
But I didn't forget about this great site and often think about all of you.
Fivos meanwhile is having a good time, as usual all my free time is devoted to him. This summer I got a small pool and he's loving getting in with me, he's so funny just laying in the water and cooling Laughing We keep walking every morning, but in the afternoos we just stay in the garden and play or swim.
And I have to go, work is calling
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So glad Fivos is doing well and having a lovely Summer.

Wonderful to hear from you once again.

Sorry we can't visit as this year has been a busy one and will go on until the end of October and then back to our normal routine. Daisy had her yearly bath yesterday and I'm sure she would have loved to be swimming with Fivos in the sea.

Happy Summer Very Happy
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back and I hope this time for longer Wink difficult summer and a hard winter in front,we moved to Athens because of my daugthers school, and it's not an easy thing for me and fivos, it's 2 weeks since we came(the first 2 weeks was kostas turn) and fivos is still stressed with all the noises and new things.
Everyday we walk around for 2 or more hours, meet already 3 dogs Laughing fivos doesn't give them much atention and doesn't play with them Sad ,but behaves very well and it's more and more tuned to me and my requests, the only dog he tries very hard to impress is the stray female that lives on our building,but as far she's nice to him,cames with us most of the times but doesn't react to his runnings and barkings, it's so funny to see him trying to convince her to play.
Today we meet a german sheaperd only 15 months old and very energetic,again he avoided her, but walked with us like a gentleman(gentledog Laughing ).
But it's a big difference from our small island and we both miss it, our beach, our garden and mostly our big walks on the deset mountain paths.
Anyway,we'll have to endure it for some years, so better get usee.
and thats all for now
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow that is a big move! I have a Greek friend who lives in Athens.It is a very busy crowded city and I can understand Fivos finding it strange. I do hope everything goes well for you and your family. I am sure you will find ways to get the best out of your stay. I'll be thinking of you, do keep in touch. Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good Luck in Athens with Fivos - it must be a very different way of life being in the big City.
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your replies, nice to hear from you Laughing this afternoon fivos didn't want to get out, I almost had to drag him out of my bedroom Sad ,at the end he enjoyed the walk, he even runned and played by himself.Still no ball playing,too stressed, but he will get used.
I contacted a trainner and hope soon to start some classes with him,something challenging,may be some agility(without jumps).Lets see.
have a nice evenning
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As we were walking this afternoon I was thinking of u and in general about the serras. The only one I ever meet is Fivos, all the others are net friends Laughing
We are doing good, Fivos is becoming a very social dog, goes along with most of the dogs we meet, even same males. The bikes are getting less scary Laughing all in all, life is ok this period.
And no trainner, they asked me 800eur, so, I guess I have to keep doing my best Laughing
And thats all for now
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And your best is really good Ani. You have done wonders with Fivos. As ever, good to hear from you. So pleased to hear how Fivos is settling down. All best wishes to you and your family Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

How are you getting on in Athens and how is Fivos coping?
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, nice to hear from u.
Yes, we are in Athens and as u may know things are really ugly around here Crying or Very sad this morning I went to the supermarket to by food for the increasing homeless Sad .
Fivos is doing fine, lots of new friends with whom he plays a lot, I adore to see him having nice relations with most of the dogs we meet on our walks, something that in serifos was nonexistent.
Some weeks ago he went for a professional gromming Laughing and bath, he was looking so funny Very Happy like a big pompom Laughing shame I didn't take a pic Embarassed .
Next week we will go to serifos for 10days, he loves when we are there.
Did u hear about the new vacination for lasmaniose??
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How are you and Fivos. Have you seen the"Southern Comfort"! advert? And do you think it was filmed in Portugal? Knowing you come from that country.
Have not heard from you for a long time.

Our best Wishes to you all in Greece.

Daisy
xxx Crying or Very sad Spud & young Herbert!
x
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So good to hear from you, yes, I really negleted this great site...but I do think about all of you often.
We are good, me and Fivos, at the present living in Athens where Fivos has finally friends with 4 legs to play with daily. It's great to see him behaving and playing like a "dog", every morning we go for a walk with 3 other dogs, all girls, and they run and play and interact and I enjoy myself greatly just by watching them.
About the advert. I never saw it, may be it doesn't play here, also I don't watch much tv.
How are you? Daisy? I guess I have some updating to do.
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the reply so good to hear from you once again.Glad Fivos is enjoying life and you are coping in Athens.

Daisy is fit and well. She is missing Floosie (Samoyed) who was her great companion. She adores Spud but Herbert is a bit over powering for her size wise.
Peter walked her around town last Friday - as a first and she coped very well. She came home absolutely exhausted Rolling Eyes But she did draw the crowds. So I can understand how Fivos is coping with city life.
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So good to know all is well with you. Laughing Laughing I have thought of you often. We continue as before the dogs enjoying our walks and their company. All our best wishes to you. x

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Ani

How are you and Fivos getting on in Athens. We don't hear from you very often now.

Do hope things are better.............
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello hello,
so nice to hear from you.
We are ok, at the moment in serifos(our small island), but will be back in Athens in 2 days.
Fivos keeps being a veru shy dog, whenever there are unknown people around he hides and as much as I try, I don't belive it will ever change. Even with my husband he's shy and hardly lets him caress. Anyway, as a personnal dog,he's great, mostly obidient and I love him dearly.
How's Daisy?? and u? planning a trip to Greece Laughing ???
have to go
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great to hear from you Ani and that Fivos is well. We're fine I keep promising myself to write an up-date so must make the effort very soon.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you can get back to your lovely island occasionally.
Sorry to hear that Fivos is still nervous around people. We do have a problem with Daisy. She has taken a total dislike to my friend's husband who comes in to dog sit for us. It became very noticeable at a dog show a couple of weeks ago when he parked his car next to us. Daisy went beserk. As a puppy she used to sit on his lap. So goodness knows what is going on there.
We recently had a Canine Massage Therapist in to treat Spud who sometimes has problems with his legs. She also treats nervous dogs and attends to them at the UK "Dog Trust Charity". We were thinking of having Herbert treated as he sometimes backs away from people. He is not so outgoing as Spud and even Daisy.
Sorry we can't visit Greece this year as I have many other committments, hopefully next year Sad
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How are you getting on and how is Fivos?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic