The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Daisy Updates View next topic
View previous topic
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing much happening here. Daisy fed up with not going out much. Could not make the beach on Boxing day due to tides and weather etc.,
She did however, make a visit to see my Mother this week and was so happy just to get an outing and a special brush up beforehand Very Happy .

We hope to go to a Companion Show next Sunday but the weather forecast is dire......snow and sleet and the show is to be held in a riding stables........we will have to see before we go out as the North Downs Kent in winter can horrendous but not too far to travel. Hopefully Herbert will be going as well.

Spring is not far away ................................. Rolling Eyes
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's March and still winter is with us. Daisy is curled up on the sofa for most of the day and really fed up. Still chewing her feet as she is so bored Rolling Eyes Herbert has decided to hibernate Rolling Eyes He hates the rain. Spud is just lazing around sleeping 23 hours a day and just getting up for dinner and snacks Laughing
Although we've been very busy with Spud's work and he really does deserve a rest but after next week with Easter ahead we hope to get Daisy and Herbert out for some Companion Shows and look forward to some nice sunny Summer shows.............. Exclamation Question and then maybe she will stop chewing her feet.
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good to hear from you Gina. it's heavy sleet here so we're in for a quiet Sunday too. Nespa licks her paws and it can be a dreadful sound. She does stop when I tell her though! I read recently the Old English as a breed is now more secure with more puppies registered this year. Spuds publicity is making a positive impact. Perhaps we'll meet up somewhere later this year IF the weather improves Rolling Eyes Best wishes to you and Peter and give your dogs a pat from me. Very Happy

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Daisy's first Companion Dog Show of the year yesterday (Held at Northbourne, Nr Deal Kent) and a very sunny day at last!
She managed to get 3rd place in the AV Open class - 15 other dogs present. So a very good start to the season. Daisy really loves to show off Very Happy Brilliant result really as she has not been shown since last October. Judge was very impressed by her clean white teeth Rolling Eyes It would be lovely if she had known her breed though Exclamation
Herbert also managed to gain 3rd place in AV Pastoral. Peter said it was the best Herbert has been in the show ring for sometime. He also has not been shown since February due to other committments.
The pair were so excited by going out in our car for the day, so hopefully we will have a quiet day from them today.
Also met up with new member Paul Smith who came to his first dog show to meet up with Daisy and to see if the Serra breed would be suitable for him.
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well done Daisy Laughing Do you do have a particular regime for keeping her teeth white? What did you think of the serra Paul? Hopefully you will see a few more over time. Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We use Plaque Off for Daisy's teeth everyday with food + Brush with dog Tooth paste once a week the meaty one.

I do hope Paul Smith comes back and reports on his views of the Serra.

I'm judging Old English Sheepdogs at the Cheshire Agricultural Show on Wednesday 19th June. Anyone who has a Serra is welcome to come and meet us I will have Daisy with me and it would be lovely to meet up and have a chat about this wonderful breed.

Hopefully Charlie Brown - my favourite Serra of all time! Will come too Very Happy
Smithy

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well firstly thank you to Gina, Peter and of course Daisy for making me feel so welcome to the Serra fold. I thought it was a great event - and with such wonderful weather it couldn't really have gone any better. Daisy seemed just about the perfect size (which is what I was concerned about) and lovely natured but I must admit I didn't realise quite how rare a breed Serra's are (in UK). I am not in any rush at all and I don't want to swear but I might still look at an Irish Water Spaniel and possibly a Spinone. I doubt if any will come up to Daisy's lovely attributes but availability may well eventually come into play. I don't really fancy travelling abroad or getting into the 'importing' scene.

Anyway, thanks once again to one and all and maybe we'll catch up again at another event.

Whatever happens I'll keep in touch with the Site.

Kind Regards, Paul
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well another Companion Show today (Bank Holiday Monday). Arrived at 10.10 a.m. and it took 1.5 hours to register in.............So far so good. But by 1.00 p.m. and the first class judged we decided go come home as Spud was on his own. There must have been over 500 dogs for this show and this is so good for the charities involed. So our dogs did not even get judged today but good experience for both dogs ie. socializing etc for Daisy & Herbert.
Daisy has made a new friend a newly fledged baby bird. I don't know what it is but it is large. She sits with it and obviously enjoys it's company!
Watches every move and is so gentle with this bird. He/she arrived yesterday in our garden and really loves her company. I don't think I've ever seen a dog so gentle with a bird Exclamation Very Happy and she is looking out for him/her and is so caring. My other dogs would not have given this fledgling a chance.
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to remind you that we will be at the Cheshire County Show, Tabley, Knutsford WA16 OHJ on Wednesday 19th June with Daisy and if you want to come and meet up with us and Daisy we would love to meet you. I'm judging OES and Peter will be around the ring somewhere with Daisy.
Louise and Charlie Brown are coming ......... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy So a gathering of Serra's would be lovely and anyone interested in this lovely breed would be welcomed.
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OOOh I would love to join you but building works prevent it! have a lovely time people. xx Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Daisy met up with Charlie Brown at the Cheshire County Show 2013 this week and the sun shone Very Happy
Both totally ignored each other. It was lovely to meet up again with Louise after almost 3 years. Charlie is an absolute gentleman. He was so well behaved walking around the dog show area. Daisy really enjoyed her day out watching me judge the OES. They said their final farewells Rolling Eyes We all hope to meet up again in the near future. Hopefully before another 3 years pass Exclamation

We had lots of enquires as to what the breed was called. Also had to answer many questions on the breed Very Happy .
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's amazing how long ago it is since our first serrathon. I've been in Wales with my dogs. Yes, they always attract attention. They have been really well behaved as the purpose of my visit so was see an aged uncle. However we did have some time in the sunshine on the beach. Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today was the day.................. Question
Daisy's annual bath. Outside temperature 30C and so the time had come.
Although groomed twice a week it was amazing how much dirt came out of her coat. I guess it's because the past 10 days here have been very hot and dusty.
Now all spruced up my boys really fancy her .....HELP! Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's been very quiet here over the past week. Scooby the Westie has returned home and all's back to normal. Daisy was very put out that her best friend had taken over the house and her boys! But this week she is back to normal and enjoying life. She is a bit sulky at the moment as we have not been taking her out to Companion Shows and it's been over 4 months since she was shown. We have been very busy with Spud's jobs Rolling Eyes . We are working all this weekend also so she will be staying at home with our dog sitter who she has taken a dislike to although he is so kind to her. Trying to get her back indoors past him has driven him mad Embarassed Herbert on the other hand adores him.
Hopefully we can get her out sometime during September to a few shows so she does not feel so neglected. Very Happy She is such a show off and aspires to being a lady! Rolling Eyes
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lovely girl - we must meet up again Gina let me know when you next travel west - especially in September. Best wishes to you, Peter and the pack. Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Daisy visited "Paws In The Park" dog show today at Detling, Kent. Had a good walk around the showground - lots of fuss but Herbert stole her day. He got so much fuss and our poor little Daisy was totally neglected.............. Rolling Eyes I did enter her into one class at the Companion Show but by 1.30 they had just completed class 2 and she would have been in class 5. So home we came through the crowds and Herbert getting all the adulation Embarassed A great day out for pet dogs Very Happy Spud was very pleased to greet us having stayed home alone Shocked Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Consulation hugs to Daisy Laughing She's such a sweetie. And well done Herbert. Very Happy I like Paws-in-the-Park events there's such a lot going on. Does the show season settle down now? Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes! Season almost finished. We are taking Herbert to an Open Show at Maidstone next Sunday and there is a Companion Show in the afternoon but as we are first in the ring at 9.30 a.m. I don't think we will be taking Daisy as the show starts at 1.30 and a long time to hang around after judging waiting for her class.
We do hope to go to a Companion show on 26th October held in Sittingbourne and inside............ Very Happy and then I think that will be it for 2013 for Daisy. Hopefully we will have more time next year Rolling Eyes
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Daisy is celebrating her 5th Birday today Exclamation Very Happy Very Happy
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
We can't believe how quickly the time has passed
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

She's looking really great - in her prime Laughing Happy birthday Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just returned from a Companion Show with Daisy. (Faversham Riding School Annual Dog Show) in aid of Kent Air Ambulance. It was only her 3rd outing this year and probably will be the last until next as the Companion Show season is now virtually over.

When Peter showed her in front of the judge he said "This is the first Tibetan Terrier he had seen today" Peter said that's funny as she is a Cao Da Serra De Aires to which he replied "In that case, it's the first one I have ever seen" ! And then gave her the 1st in the AV Open Class because of her excellent teeth and movement!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It was a very large class for her to win. We came away with a lovely bag of goodies! She did not get any further for BIS but she did very well for a unknown breed in the UK.
So Daisy really enjoyed her day out. Herbert managed a 3rd place in AV Pastoral/Working class. WELL DONE OUR LOVELY DAISY. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She steals the show everytime! Such a wonderful girl Laughing By the way do you ever hear from Micky & Caroline?

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Only in reply to anything Peter puts on their Facebook site.

Micky thinks Daisy looks so much like her Mum - Charlie. Very Happy
Peter & Gina willis
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The latest mishap Daisy has had........................... Embarassed

For once I decided to use the pouffe as a coffee table and was using the coffee table to rest my knitting. Peter put the coffee on the pouffe together with mince pies, Daisy comes into the room 100 miles per hour chased by Herbert - crash landed on the pouffe, coffee up the walls, sofa and Peter covered from head to foot in coffee and minces pies Shocked . Daisy slouched away with a drenched paw and mince pie stuck to it......................I forgot to tell you all the pouffe is her usual resting place away from Herbert Rolling Eyes Silly me Rolling Eyes
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a lovely scene Laughing If Finn or Nespa create a disaster they always seem embarrassed Embarassed Their transgressions can be big Rolling Eyes Nespa has been know to chew Rolling Eyes the bottom of a door and Finn to steal food if I forget to put a tempting joint of meat out of his reach Shocked Shocked

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Daisy would like to wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR Very Happy.

At the moment she is spread out on the sofa having hibernated for the Winter Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Also Spud & Herbert send their best regards Very Happy
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A cosy scene Laughing Mine are looking like drowned rats we went for a walk despite the incessant rain today. Reminded me of when we last met up in Kent Gina. However, they had their dinner and we're going to settle down by the fire. Hibernation sounds good. All best wishes for the New Year. Laughing

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's still very wet in Kent. We have been surrounded by water since 23rd December. We have a moat surrounding our house due to the rain water coming off the fields. Also had several power cuts. Mad Evil or Very Mad
Peter erected a gang plank to walk over to get into our house and the dogs have been very careful using it. Daisy of course no problem Rolling Eyes
The pump is going constantly helping to get rid of the water from our garden. Today was sunny so I decided to do some grooming in our stables. Daisy was sunning herself and the boys obviously enjoyed getting out in the fresh air. Not much hope here of walking the dogs though Rolling Eyes
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good grief Shocked You are having a dreadul time. Crying or Very sad We fortunately live in a hilly area. Let's hope it stops soon. Quack Wink

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it's the end of January and today is dry at last Very Happy Daisy has been going around the garden at 100 mph Exclamation She has been so happy to get out at last. A short walk up the lane and back and she is a very happy girl.

She's been nursing a badly infected foot due to all the mud and rain and her constant chewing but at last it's healed up. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thank goodness Very Happy

Roll on Spring........................... Smile Just a few weeks away we all hope.
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What a relief! The rain has been dreadful. At least we have the hills to walk on and they drain off pretty well. I've escaped muddy dogs until yesterday. The rain was torrential until late afternoon. The dogs needed to go out so we set off bravely. The first thing Nespa does when let off her lead is to rush round, throw herself on the ground and wriggle like mad on her back. Usually it's no problem but the little retch chose a beautifully muddy patch and very quickly she looked like coffee and cream. Rolling Eyes I managed to get most mud off her with brisk towelling and brushing. Such fun Wink
Best wishes to you all.

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Garden now dried up but the pump is still in place so is the gang plank into the front porch ready for more down pours. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
We have managed to get the dogs out during the past week for walks but can only walk when the lane is dry as water still running out of fields. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Daisy has been driving the boys MAD once again - they both think she is in season (she is spayed)............... Rolling Eyes This happens every few months and I think around the time she would have been in season. We have an appointment with the Vet this morning for her yearly Vaccination so I will mention this to her once again. Last time Vet thought she had a urinary infection but this proved negative. We have in the past had this problem with other bitches - has any one else had this with their girls Question I personally think she is giving off season scents therefore must be producing the required hormones............She is very well in herself though.
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh do we need a period of dry weather Exclamation I have no experience of the condundrum you describe with Daisy & the others. I know that when Finn had been neutered he was still able to carry on as normal with Nespa until she was spayed. They were able to tie Confused The only thing was he was firing blanks Wink Hormones hormones Very Happy

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pleased to report as I really suspected that it's Daisy Anal glands that are giving out the scents and driving Herbert & Spud Mad Mad .
She has been seeing our Vet every 3 months or so about this problem but Vet thinks it's the way her anal glands are designed Rolling Eyes
Apart from that Daisy is A1 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Plus the our Vet loves her very outgoing ways and vitality............HELP Exclamation Rolling Eyes
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well at least there's an explanation! Joy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic