The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 allergies View next topic
View previous topic
ani correia
Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yesterday, after being on the beach,fivos started acting like crazy,running around the house,trying to hide his face and crying, I got really scared and started checking his body.After a short while, I noticed his eyes were really swallowed Surprised .poor thing, I called the vet and gave him 2 shoots of cortisone+antibiotics and it got better. I still don't know if something bitted him or he's allergic ,to what have no idea. Later I called the vet back to tell him how restless fivos was(even after the shoots) and he told me to give him some drops of the rescue remedy, I was surprised,but it really helped, he calmed down and finally sleeped.
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Poor Fivos, I hope he's better today. Very Happy It does sound like an allergic reaction as you say, perhaps to a sting or a bite but it affected both eyes, a puzzle. I wonder if something was in the water - do you ever have jelly fish in the sea or oil from any boats? Perhaps flushing his eyes with ordinary water might also help. This hasn't happened before so let's hope it doesn't happen again. Good to know about the rescue remedy. A friend used that for her dog that had an itch he kept scratching and it helped to calm him down. Love to Fivos and best wishes for good progress. Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic