The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 Une petite blessure - a little injury View next topic
View previous topic
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nespa has been to the vet and is now on a course of antibiotics. She's doing fine. Smile Somewhile ago I noticed a pale hard piece of ''cartilage'' just below the skin about half a centimetre in length in the fold of her left hind leg. It disappeared and I forgot about it. On Saturday I noticed Nespa had a soft swelling in the same area about the size of a golf ball. I thought to keep an eye on it! On Monday I noticed her licking it. when I looked the skin had broken and there was a hole about 3mm wide. Shocked It appears that whatever the 'object' had been in her body it finally migrated through the skin after a 'cycst' reaction had built up. The vet couldn't say any more as he hadn't seen the original object. I think that perhaps at sometime she may have chipped a tiny piece of bone from her hind leg when jumping against something and it's that that caused the problem. It seems fortunate that it came to the surface and didn't migrate within an internal organ. She's not licking it as much although the vet said not to worry if she does. He would like the wound kept open so anything else can come to the surface. I take her back for a check up in 10 days. Cost 70. Confused but she's worth it! She was brilliant at the vets happy to be examined and enjoyed the attention he gave her. Lovely girl Laughing

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic