The First UK Co da Serra de Aires Website Forum Index
Home  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log inFAQ
 A sad goodbye View next topic
View previous topic
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

At the beginning of 2012 my darling sister Jennifer was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Now at the beginning of 2013 she is no longer with us. She died peacefully on 30 December 2012 with all her family around her. She had shown tremendous courage and tenacity and left a legacy of inspiration for us all. She lived her life fully right to the end. She was a warm glowing person, admired by so many. She will be forever missed and remembered with deep love. She had a great relationship with my serras. Finn will miss her big hugs!
ImageImage

Master Friend
Master Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So sorry to hear of your sad news especially at the end of the Christmas holiday season. Pleased to hear all the family gathered around your lovely sister at the end and am sure it was a great comfort to everyone involved.
I know Finn will miss her very much as you all will. Animals are so comforting at this sad time.

2012 was a funny sort of year - let's hope 2013 will be better for everyone.
Smithy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Pauline,
I'm completely new to the site, but I'm struck by the friendliness and supportive nature of it - and of course your's and everyone's love of the Serras. I'm sure the sad loss of your sister must be still very painful and I hope I'm not intruding by saying 'hello', offering some friendly thoughts and mentioning how much I'm looking forward to learning all about these lovely looking and sounding dogs - Hopefully I can become an owner too at some later stage after my retirement in April. Best Wishes, Paul
Pauline Martin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Paul, welcome to the FBC. It's a small group of English speakers mainly UK owners - there are more who link up internationally through Facebook: Portuguese Sheepdogs - Cao da Serra de Aires. I recommend joining that too. Best wishes.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic